I was interviewed by the lovely Sharmi from inoui last month and I am beyond excited for you guys to read it. So if you want to know how I started my blog and channel, handling hate on the internet, my first makeup item, etc, keep on reading.
1. What made you start your own blog and your YouTube channel?
I am an avid reader of various beauty blogs and I stumbled upon the beauty community one lonely night, back in 2008, when I was in the 1st year of college. I remember watching a few youtubers, who had just started their channel talking about their makeup “hauls” and their favourite mascaras, lipsticks etc and something about those videos and blog posts really caught my attention. I have never looked back ever since. 2012 was when I realised that I could do this too, and this is exactly what I want to do, so I went ahead and started a blog and Youtube channel of my own.
2. Was it scary to leave your job in order to be able to blog and vlog full time?
To be honest, it was. I stay in a very expensive city and even when I was working, more than half of what I earned went into my rent and bills. I think financially it was scary but emotionally it was exhilarating. I have never been happier, and I think this is the best decision that I have made. This is the age when I can take risk and chances, and I am so glad that I did.
3. Your most cherished blogging/vlogging moment?
When a viewer, who knows I have never seen snow, sent me a video of snowfall from her window. It was so thoughtful and made me go all mushy and teary eyed. Also, when I received an invitation to attend the Youtuber Mixers and Youtube India subscribing to my channel. That was the best feeling ever.
4. If you had to choose, would you go with only blogging or only vlogging.
I think I will go with vlogging, I love talking and watching youtube videos is how I found the beauty world. I started my blog because I was too shy to talk in front of the camera, and didn’t have the equipment. So if I had to go only one thing, I will choose Youtube.
5. What was your first make up item that you ever bought?
This is a really difficult question, but I think it has to be kohl. I remember it was the big fat Lakmé kajal, and I used to end up looking like a raccoon by the end of the day.
6. Three things your viewers don’t really know about you?
1) I am a movie buff; I don’t usually talk about this online and don’t discuss the things I like to watch. I watch A LOT of movies and series.
2) I am very lazy, and a professional procrastinator.
3) I am surgically attached to my phone and laptop.
7. One quote that you live by?
Do what you love, and love what you do. & Dreams don’t work unless you do. Sorry, that’s two!
8. Your top 5 makeup items would be?
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara, Naked 2 Palette, Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso, Bourjois 123 perfect CC cream, Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip balm, and a highlighter from a brand called TEEN TEEN professional that I picked up from a random store.
9. What one tip you would like to give to anyone who wants to start a blog or a YouTube channel?
10. Do you think outer appearance and inner beauty go hand in hand?
I think it does, if you have positive and happy thoughts, they radiate on your face and vice versa. However, it’s always a bad idea to judge a book by its cover.
11. What is the top 3 most played songs on your Iphone right now?
1) Hero, Family of the Year.
2) Waves, Mr Probz Remix.
3) Hideaway, Keisza.
12. How do you deal with any hate that you receive on the internet.
Thankfully I haven’t received too much hate on my Youtube channel or blog, but everyone is entitled to an opinion and you can’t please everyone. I actually have this really funny theory in my head that the day I will get my 1st hate comment, I know I have made it. ;)
13. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself happy, content, and established.
14. What’s going to be next on your blog/YouTube channel?
Find out at www.youtube.com/user/apmir12
You can follow Sharmi from Inoui on all her social media platforms here: